1. General information
The responsible entity for processing your personal data (hereinafter referred to as “data”) is Intervox Production Music GmbH, Jahnstraße 45, 80469, Munich, Germany (hereinafter referred to as “Intervox”). Personal data is any data that can be used to identify you, e.g. name, address, email address. Intervox's data protection officer can be contacted at the following email address: email@example.com.
1. Information on data processing
1.1 Customers / Music users
When you use our platform as a customer/music user with your own profile, we collect and store the following personal data from you:
a) Personal data
First name and surname, email, password (encrypted), street, house number, post code, town, country, telephone number, fax number, mobile phone number, company, behaviour on our website (e.g. which tracks are searched for, which subpages are accessed, which newsletter articles are opened).
b) Processing purposes
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- To answer your questions and respond to your requests, e.g. to send you newsletters or information about our products and services; to send you administrative information, including information about applications and changes to our terms, conditions and policies. The legal basis for this data processing is the performance of the agreement for your profile.
- To process and realise your licence purchase, e.g. to process your payment, to arrange the dispatch of your order, to communicate with you about your purchase and to provide the associated customer service for you. The legal basis for this data processing is the performance of the agreement for your licence purchase.
- To send you information that we believe may be of interest to you if you have expressed a desire to receive such communications (including through our external service providers, who may send email and other types of advertising to those whose email addresses we collect). The legal basis for such processing is your consent to receive such marketing information.
- To personalize your experience of our website and our offerings by providing you with content, products and offers tailored to your needs, thereby making it even more interesting for you. The legal basis for this data processing is the performance of the agreement for your profile and our legitimate interest in making our offer as interesting and relevant as possible for you.
- To allow you to participate in competitions, contests and related promotions and to manage these activities. Some promotions are subject to additional rules that may include additional information about our use and transfer of your personal information. The legal basis for such processing is the performance of the agreement for your profile and, if applicable, your consent to participate in the relevant competitions, contests and offers.
- In order to realise our own business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, the development of new products, the improvement of applications, the improvement of our services and offerings, the identification of usage trends and the determination of the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. The legal basis for this data processing is our legitimate interest in making our offering as interesting and relevant for you as possible.
- To fulfil any legal obligations to which we are subject, e.g. those arising from public or criminal law provisions.
- To fulfil our legitimate interests, which may arise in connection with the defence or enforcement of our rights or the rights of our authors or composers.
c) Data deletion
We will delete your data as soon as you delete your customer profile or request us to do so, unless this conflicts with any statutory retention periods.
d) Customers with profiles
If you do not wish to create a customer profile, you can also conclude an agreement with us without a customer profile. In this case, your data will be processed as described under 2.1.b) above without taking into account a customer profile agreement and with the difference that in this case we will delete your personal data in its entirety immediately upon the end of the contractual relationship, unless this conflicts with any statutory retention periods.
When you register to use our platform as a composer with your own profile, we collect and store the following personal data from you:
a) Personal data
First name and surname, email, password (encrypted), street, house number, post code, town, country, company, artist first name, artist surname, telephone number, fax number, mobile phone number, website, CAE/IPI number, membership of performing rights collecting society, membership of mechanical rights collecting society, bank details: account holder, name of bank, account number, sort code, IBAN, SWIFT
b) Processing purposes
We process this personal data exclusively for the performance of any agreement(s) concluded with you.
In order to fulfil the agreement, your personal data must also be transferred to collecting societies and foreign sub-publishers in order to guarantee appropriate payouts and to settle royalties. The legal basis for this data processing is the performance of the agreement.
c) Date retention
We store your IP addresses in log files for a maximum of 30 days in order to investigate and prevent hacker attacks, unauthorised downloads and other cases of abuse. The legal basis for data processing is our legitimate interest in identifying and avoiding any legal infringements in your and our interests. The log files are deleted or completely and permanently anonymised after 30 days.
d) Order processing
Furthermore, we will not transfer your personal data to third parties; we merely integrate order processors for the purpose of performance of the agreement on the basis of corresponding order processing agreements. Such service providers enable access to our databases from various locations.
When you use our website, cookies are stored on your computer. Cookies are miniature files that are stored on your hard drive, specifically allocated to the browser you use, through which the party (in this case us) setting the cookie receives certain information. Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the website more user-friendly and effective overall.
b) Types of cookies
This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies, see a)
- Persistent cookies, see b)
Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These mainly comprise session cookies. These cookies store a “session ID”, with which your various browser requests can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and refuse to accept third party cookies or all cookies. Please note that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
4. Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files stored on your computer, to help analyse how you use the site. The information generated by cookies about your use of the website will normally be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will first be truncated by Google within the Member States of the European Union or other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage for the website operator.
The IP address that your browser transmits within the scope of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". As a result, IP addresses are further processed in a truncated form to prevent them from being personally identifiable. If the data collected is personal, it will be excluded immediately and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. Using the statistics we obtain, we can improve our website and make it more interesting for you as a user. In exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacy-shield.gov/EU-US-Framework. Your data will be processed within the scope of Google Analytics in order to protect the legitimate interests of Intervox.
5. Your rights regarding your data
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- Right to information,
- Right to correction or deletion,
- Right to limitation of processing,
- Right of opposition to processing,
- Right to data transferability.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.